Sunday, March 21, 2010

My genealogy...

Watching "Faces of America" and "Who do you think you are" on TV made me think a lot about my ancestors... I really would like to go all the way and try to find as many clues as I can and get as much info about my ancestors as I can.

Of course, my family did not keep a lot of records and things get lost during all these years. Being from Brazil, I cannot really use ancestry.com. This awesome site is only for people with ancestors here in the US.

Fortunately I am starting to gather some info... Stay tuned for more.

But in the meantime, some pictures from my great-grandparents (the grandparents of my mom): Rodolpho Ramos and Gasparina Carrascosa.
He was a colonel in the Sao Paulo's Forca Publica. Went after the Coluna Prestes (Brazilian commies) and fought against the other states in our little local civil war: the 1932 Revolution. Sao Paulo (the richest state then and the richest still) wanted to separate from Brazil (not a bad idea), but this effort was quite unsuccessfull...
My great grandad was demoted from colonel to lieutenant-colonel and that was it...

Here are their portraits:

Rodolpho Ramos


Gasparina Carrascosa who came from the South of Spain and  managed to have 11 children. I would have liked to meet them. Cannot imagine how their lives were in the beginning of the century.
I will try to dig deeper and post more things...



No comments:

Post a Comment