Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A day at the Met ;-)


 Living in NYC has its problems (and HOW!), but also does have its perks.

I've spent one of my best Saturdays in the Metropolitan Museum...

Had to go and see 3 things:


The American Woman Exhibit with clothing from 1880-1940,

 the Picasso exhibit 


 And... finally the the Big Bambu installation in the roof.



Had a BLAST with my hubby - he did not want to go at first, but ended up loving it ;-)

Let's start with the American Woman Exhibit:

I almost cried when I saw all those dresses, the ambiance, everything! Died and went to heaven. Crazy good taste = some of these dresses could just be worn today with absolutely no problem! This is what couture is for - to stand the test of time. Of course, you would not walk around with some Edith Wharton dresses today (the ones from 1880 and 1890), but from 1910 on... My God, I would really wear those.

Some shots from the marvelous place:




One of the things I really wanted (ok, I wanted all of those outfits), but this LACE VEST killed me:

One of the dresses I absolutely LOVED was this one above:
Callot Soeurs (French, active 1895–1937)
ca. 1910

This dress is from the 1910's! Can you believe it? I could totally rock this lace vest... By the way, this trend is super hot now!Then after that we did see some wonderful Picassos.

But I think the highlight was the awesome Big Bambu installation on the roof!
It was boiling summer Saturday, but some overpriced cool drinks helped to endure the "awful" view...
  ;-)
Look at this madness: a bamboo "forest" in the middle of NYC!


Crazy, huh? One of the best Saturdays EVER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment