Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Austrian loot!!!!

____

My Austrian trip was one of the best ever!
Yes, did just come back from a dream trip: Vienna and Salzburg... A post or many posts dedicated to this trip will come soon... But just wanted to do a quick one with my Austrian shopping...

Did not buy much in terms of clothing (NY is way cheaper), but went nuts buying souvenirs from my favorite Austrians!


And they are:

Sissi the Empress (their 19th Century version of Lady Di), a favorite of mine since childhood thanks to the Romy Schneider 1950's trilogy. I will write a specific post about her later. I did manage to go to her rooms, see her personal articles, including her weight scale and gym paraphernalia!
Bought a biography, a photo book, many tin boxes and earrings with a replica of her famous hair star pins.  I did indulge in getting playing cards with her, Franz Joseph and other Austrian royalty on them ;-)



And my room even had an ORIGINAL Klimt on it ! NOT, LOL!!!!!

Gustav Klimt - always loved his paintings. Now even more after seeing the beauties at the Schönbrunn Palace . Note the silk scarf, the book and the calendar...

Mozart - my purchases were limited to food and drink from this awesome composer... did buy some candy (LOL), AMAZING Mozartkugeln pistachio filled chocolate bonbons and a beer stein (not pictured)!. On the more cultural side, we did manage to visit his birth house in Salzburg (post to come later).

Sound of Music - my favorite movie ever! Did buy a souvenir book in the very Mirabell Gardens - one of the movie's locations. Did also the famous Sound of Music tour in Salzburg. A post will be dedicated to that beautiful day!

Will have to sit down with more time and share some of my pictures (took more than a thousand!) and impressions... Stay tuned...
____

Little things that make life happier...

No comments:

Post a Comment