Thursday, September 20, 2012

Christopher Plummer Autographs!!!!

___

OMG!
Had a major surprise yesterday!

Got home and received an envelope with my handwriting addressed to myself from....

Christopher Plummer!

You can read about my meeting with him here.

Well, a quick summary... Back in May, just before my Austrian trip, I was coming back home from work. Really not paying attention to anything when I just happen to see his very familiar face walking towards me!!!

I was soooo thrilled and just managed to utter: "Mr. Plummer, I am such a big fan!" and offer my hand. He said "Thank you" and shook my hand!

I did follow him and after a small banter, did ask him for a picture:


 Then, spoke a few words with him, he was very gracious... Left him be and was super happy for having the chance to meet, speak, shake his hand and take a photo to prove it!

The only bummers were that I did not have anyone with me to take a picture of ME with him and also get an autograph.

The photo with me will probably not happen, but the AUTOGRAPHS!!!!

You gotta love the internet! Went on a major search and did find an awesome website with all the details to get his autograph!

Well, I did prepare everything as I was told: printed two copies of the photo I took of him, a gorgeous one from "The Sound of Music", wrote him a letter telling him to keep one of the shots I took, a self-addressed envelope and mailed everything on the week of May 21st, 2012.

Then I did go to Austria, did the awesome "The Sound of Music" tour in Salzburg, had a major blast!

And then waited, and waited!

Thought that maybe I would never get those autographs annnnnd:

On September 19th, like 4 months after....

TADAAAAAA!!!!!






Isn't that awesome? What a nice guy!
I sincerely thought that I may never receive them back signed!

He dedicated the photo I took of him to Luciana (me, me, me!!!!) and also signed the Captain Von Trapp too!!!! YAY

The nice touch was a post-it behind the photo thanking me for the second copy, which he kept!!! Probably it was written buy a secretary, but nice touch nevertheless!!!

And if you are a fan, go to this website with very valuable info and instructions on how to get your own autographed photo!

So happy! ;-)

Click for larger size



No comments:

Post a Comment