Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Passion for Photos...

____

I was already a photo maniac even before the easiness of digital photography appeared. I am the type of person who really loves photos and the memories encapsulated by them.

Before the digital era, photography (at least for me) was major drama. You just pointed and clicked. Then you had to cross your fingers that your pictures looked good after you've had them developed... You could be in an amazing location and then you would discover that you looked terrible just after your looked at the developed shots. And then of course was the cost of developing, the cost of film and the constraints of number of shots per roll of film.

Now I am liberated!!!! Digital rules!!!! Kids in the future will be like: "you had to develop film???" "What is a film?"...


And lately, with also the advent of really decent phone cameras (I did come late to this fad, but now I am basically multiple shots a day! And sharing them in a snap too.
In the old days, you had to show them to people live or mail them!

Everyone who travels with me knows best. They start saying: "You are taking too many shots, blah, blah, blah". But when we come back home, especially someone called John (ahem, my husband) finally concedes and says: "Hey, great that you took those shots, I totally would've forgotten this"...

So there...

I am also discovering new things every day. Just came across Pixrl-O- Matic  , a wonderful and FREE resource for your phone and computer.   Cannot believe the amount of effects and frames this cool program offers!



Here are some more shots with great Pixrl-O-Matic effects:





Aren't they great? Taken and edited on a PHONE? Can you believe it?

I know one thing: I will be taking pictures until the day I die!!!

Stay tuned for more!!!

____

No comments:

Post a Comment