Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kinda old and the store doesn't even exist anymore, but...

A dress designed (and worn) by Sarah Jessica Parker and sold at Steve & Barry’s for $8.98.
Back in 2008, when I did not have a blog yet, I've bought this dress from now defunct Steve & Barry's store at the Manhattan Mall.

That precise dress was shown on a The New York Times article back then.

When I saw that, I did run to Steve & Barry's and immediately got one.


I simply was brokenhearted when this crazy store collapsed in late 2008.

Unfortunately I have to work in the vicinity of Manhattan Mall... but one of the things that made life more bearable there was the major shopaholic weekly fix I had at Steve and Barry's. But it was not a big surprise when they went bankrupt... Everything was soooo cheap!
In some sales, they had like EVERYTHING in the store for $8.95!
I've had a ball with shoes, faux leather jackets, wool coats, costume jewelry, etc.
Granted, some of the stuff fell apart (like the dress above), but some other things are still rocking and looking way more expensive than they really were...

Well, R.I. P. Steve & Barry's... I still miss you!


No comments:

Post a Comment