Friday, December 10, 2010

Sao Paulo, Sampa forever!!!

Just came back from my hometown, the beautiful crazy Sao Paulo...
Funny how things are: when I lived there, I did not care very much about it. Thought it was dirty, the traffic was insane, etc, etc.
When I moved to the US, all I do is miss it and think that it is the best place to live. Go figure.

Humans are humans, we are never happy with what we have in the moment (at least I am like that)...

Here are a couple of my favorite things:


The typical Sao Paulo sidewalk or how we call it: calçada. It is made with the state silhouette. I love how Brazilians do their sidewalks. The ones from Rio are world famous and also faves of mine.

Victor Brecheret "Monumento as Bandeiras" is one of my favorite statues of all time. These were our version of the "pioneers" who went to colonize the interior of Brazil. This awesome statue is located next to another great Paulista location: Parque do Ibirapuera. Our version of Central Park.
This is me in the park with the beautiful obelisk in the background...

And, for the shopaholic in all of us:
The famous Shopping Iguatemi.

Let me tell you something: shopping malls in Sao Paulo are a total experience... Paulistas basically live there. The funny cariocas always make fun of us by saying that shopping malls are like beaches for Paulistas...
Miss you so much Sampa! Be back soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment