Thursday, May 5, 2011

The wedding of the century!

I know, I know, I am writing this late in the game, like over a week late, but could not NOT include my 2 cents of this wonderful wedding...

I am NOT a morning person, so I DID NOT WAKE UP LIKE AT FIVE IN THE MORNING to watch, no sireee... I have a wonderful thing called DVR that did the work for me...

But when I did wake up (someone HAD to go to work, since the whole UK was having their 1,000th holiday), the first thing I saw was the scene in the Buckingham Palace's balcony:

 

Looking at the DRESS, moi, a complete fashion and royalty geek immediately thought of Grace Kelly’s dress. And this BEFORE I saw any sort of comment. Yes, it was that obvious...But wonderful nevertheless.





Just a tad surprised that it was from Sarah Burton’s Alexander McQueen!
Too classic for McQueen, but you know, who wants to go nuts now and then look at your wedding shots and say “What was I thinking???!!!”


LOVED LOVED the whole pageantry, the tradition, the clothes and the CRAZY hats!!!

I wish I was there so I could do something I love: wear HATS!

More stuff to come!

Just saying - Kate did not disappoint!  what a beautiful bride!  A movie star!

No comments:

Post a Comment