Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Already missing Downton Abbey!



One of my favorite series has had its season finale this past Sunday...
I am already having Downton Abbey withdrawal!


The story, the scenery, the costumes, the drama!!! Awww. Cannot wait for the 3rd season!
Well, while the third season doesn't come, I will be entertaining myself with some awesome books about that period/subject:


Did not read it yet, but looks super promising. I just love history and how people lived in the past... This books depicts the lives of both upstairs and downstairs, the crazy class system in which people lived and "knew their place" in just over a hundred years ago.
If you like Downton Abbey and wants to know more about this time, I really do recommend this book.

Get it here.

Another one I've just received:


Another gem depicting the history of this period, the "perfect summer" just before everything changed in England...
Sounds super promising. Read the beginning here.
Oh, and just to think what a difference a mere hundred years make! Not a "mere" hundred years, but actually the greatest difference contained in such a relatively small amount of time ever...
Fascinating!
Cannot wait to read all of them!

This will make my wait for Downton Abbey more palatable... Oh, and also Mad Men is coming !!!!

And oh, one last thing: Mr. Ralph Lauren  used Downton Abbey as an inspiration for his Fall 2012 collection too!


See the rest of the collection here.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment