Thursday, February 21, 2013

Another Target Collaboration: Prabal Gurung

_____

Well, Target, you did it again, apparently.

And there goes Lulu to check it out. I am no novice in the crazy Target collabs as you've seen. My Missoni experience with Target was surprisingly smooth!
I did manage to score several items and a couple of years later, they still look awesome!

So I did decide to take a look. I was not super familiar with the designer. He's relatively new, but did create a splash with some famous people: Kate Middleton, Michelle Obama, Jennifer Lawrence... The list goes on.

Went to Target.com, because of course, Manhattan still doesn't have a Target to call its own... Well, that would be a nightmare to shop anyway...



Took a look at the collection:




Thought it was cool enough and thought about how it did remind me of Stella McCartney (will she ever do a collab like that???) and the crazy prints from Mary Katrantzou. I could have a piece like that without having to mortgage my house. Charming prospect...

So, looking at the stuff, on its first day of being available, I did like the sleeveless top below:




I think it does look pretty unique and encapsulates the designer's vibe...
Also, just a little note: the price was RIGHT! ;-)


This is really a great piece! As I've said: unique and can be worn in all seasons. Obviously in the summer, but also in the cooler months under a nice jacket, blazer or leather jacket!

Oh, Target, please keep going!

UPDATE: Did receive the top relatively fast, but...
DISAPPOINTED!!!!!

I never know how these will fit. Target is all over the place in terms of sizing. I am usually a medium (and I am liking looser tops lately), so that is what I've ordered...

Well, guess what. The top is HUGE. Really, I am swimming in the medium... It is super long and the armholes are huge as well (will show my bra fo sho)...
And guess what part deux... This top is sold out online. Meaning I cannot exchange...

I will not return this because it is super cute. I think I will have to get creative and try to alter it...

Sigh... Shoulda bought the small AND the medium and then sold the medium on Ebay...
Oh well, at least I have the top, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment