Monday, August 5, 2013

Faded NY Neon Sign

___

I am such a fan of the old. I love antiques, old architecture... Anything from the past.

I love walking around NYC and trying to see old remnants of olden days.

I was walking with my hubby in the West Side Highway and saw this amazing sign in a supposedly abandoned hotel:







AMAZING, right?
The place is shuttered down. It looks abandoned.
I could see that the sign could be from the 1930's or 1940's and wonder if it would survive when the building is sold and remodeled. You know that this will happen. This area is getting hot, hot, now.
But it wasn't always like that.

The internet, being so wonderful, has a lot of info and has a dedicated blog post with the whole history of this place, a hotel called Keller!

Read about the fascinating story of this old hotel HERE!

So wonderful to see things like this...
Hope this sign stays!

This photo is from the 1920's with an even older sign.

The current sign is from around 1933.




No comments:

Post a Comment