Thursday, August 22, 2013

My DYI Necklace Fever!!!

--x---x---x---x--

Like the moon, I do have phases (LOL, bad writing!!).

I am in one my DYI phases. This time with geometric necklaces…

I was in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, this past weekend and got into a really trendy/fancy store in there.

Spotted a really nice black cord necklace with some cute golden beads. Really nice design, but nothing out of this world. Went to ask the price and…
It was $160 dollars!!! Come again? Nothing really amazing for that price???!!!

No way!

Browsing all over the internet, I did see these cute necklaces at Etsy.com:


Great design! Buuut I though I could attempt to create some necklaces of my own.

Thankfully, VERY thankfully, I do work not far from NYC's "bead land", just north of Macy's.

So there I went.

Snagged some funky beads aaaaand.... created THIS:




Looking cool, huh?

Not exactly like the ones from Etsy, but cool anyway. And they've cost a fortune: Under 7 bucks!!! I had the waxed cord at home...

I am pretty happy to be wearing something I've created!!!! And I did knot the cord in 2 places so you can adjust the length!

The next day, I went there to snag more so I can do one for my mom, and ended up finding another bead store. This one is absolutely HUGE and has similar beads from the Etsy necklaces!

Absent minded Lulu forgot her cell phone at work, so I could not exactly look for similar beads to replicate those necklaces.... Boooo....

But I will be back there tomorrow!

I will post my other necklaces as soon as I create them ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment