Thursday, November 21, 2013

Isabel Marant for H&M SERENDIPITY!!!!

________

I am fan of designer collabs. Big time. You can read about my adventures with Missoni and Phillip Lim for Target in this blog.

The most recent collab that was getting some major buzz was the Isabel Marant for H&M = the ultimate brand for French cool, with high French prices...




I did hear about it, took a look, liked some things, but was not willing to wait in line in the crack of dawn and fight with a bunch of crazies.

Maybe I would try to snag something online, since H&M has just opened their e-commerce site.

Never mind: later, I did discover that the website shopping experience sucked big time.



Thing is: November 15th came and went and I totally forgot about this!

When I did realize what happened, it was too late. Everything sold out on their website and guess where they were? Yeah. Ebay. I was not going to pay a lot for some things that were already kinda expensive (for H&M anyway) to begin with.

The biggest attraction was the gorgeous jacket:



But this puppy was already $399 to start with. On Ebay? More than $500! No way Jose.


I did like the fringe scarf... The other things were kinda blah.

Since I was not mad about anything, I did say meh to myself, shrugged and carried on...

Then, on November 21st, I decided to take a look at the H&M close to my office. The one in front of Macy's in NYC.
Just a look... I did not even dream that I would find anything Isabel Marant there...

And VOILA!!!!

Lookie what I got:




YES!!!! Could not believe it!

The fringe scarf is very Isabel Marant and the metallic mesh scarf/necklace is super cool for the holidays!!!

Look at my items in many articles and websites:



The fringe scarf is super hippie cool. Loved the fringes.

And a VERY similar one from her main line is going for $370 on Ebay!!




The metallic scarf is also awesome. And I can totally dress it down. I think that Isabel Marant is the queen of dressing down, but being very chic.


Also did discover that this scarf is a copy of another one from her regular (and expensive) line:



Aaaaaand - look at the price of the metallic scarf in her main line:


Almost $800 for that???? Got it for almost 5% of the price! LOL



You know what? Sometimes you luck out!

I am happy with my shopping (again)!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment