Friday, March 4, 2011

Wanna dress like Lily Bart? Yes, please!

I love Edith Wharton and her tragic “House of Mirth” novel.

I was thrilled when did a movie in 2000 and the clothing did not disappoint!





But way before that, I’ve always loved the famous shirtwaist blouse the women wore in the early 1900’s. I always wanted to incorporate it to my modern wardrobe, without looking like an extra from a period piece!!!






Looked around for them and did find a beauty many years ago at Zara.


Not happy with just one blouse, I also did find another one at Old Navy... Note that I am at The Mount (Edith Wharton's mansion in MA)!!!



 
 
Ralph Lauren proves that my taste is excellent (LOL) by reviving this beautiful blouse. I am fixated by this gem from his Spring 2011 show... 




Wish I could only dress like that!




And look at this Vogue shot... I dream with this... Insane!!! The middle one is pure Lily!


No comments:

Post a Comment