Thursday, July 14, 2011

One of my favorite buildings... The Flatiron

Stumbled upon this wonderful blog: Ephemeral New York... Incredible how many people are interested in the same things that I am interested in such as: urban "archeology", architecture from the past, disappearing signs of olden days...

Fantastic photos from one of my favorite building: The Flatiron, and even before it was there!


Look at this 1884 shot (click to enlarge):


And it being built in 1902:


One more from the construction: 


And a cool shot from when it was already completed:

I see it almost everyday during my commute (I am so fortunate that I can walk to and from work every day!)
This building never ceases to amaze me... Love it....

Here's a shot I took:


And a tribute to this awesome NY landmark:



No comments:

Post a Comment