Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Another "Fashion Star" Story... This One Was Funny!

____

Well, you probably know that I am sorta addicted to fashion reality shows if you read this.
And since I work in the vicinity of Macy's and 34ths Street in NY, I pretty much have access to almost all of the stores of "Fashion Star" (well, Saks is a bit of a trek).
So to keep my head sane, I do some fashion escapism trips during my lunch hours...
Today I decided to check out the winning dress from my namesake Luciana at H&M.
Price was like less than 40 bucks.


This is what I saw in the show:


Thought it was quite nice and very on trend. Did love the structure too...

But this is how H&M made it:



Here's the designer LUCIANA with the dress:

Luciana Scarabello and her Episode 7H&M dress


So, let's see how H&M "translated" this, most importantly on my body:



I did think - this is one LOUD print! Why do they bother buying the dress from the designer if they cannot replicate how it was originally designed?

At first I really hated the dress and (gasp) put it back in the hanger... Came back to the office and kept thinking about the dress.
Sent these pictures to a friend (hated it), my husband (also thought it was crazy loud) and my parents. My parents have really good taste... and imagine that: THEY DID LIKE IT!

Just spent the rest of the workday thinking about it. When I left work, I did return to H&M and "surprise" : my size was sold out!
 Became quite angry with myself. Should have just bought it and then returned it if I didn't like it... But whatever!
Ran to the other 34th Street H&M and YES!!! Did find it!
Different arrangement of the print, but did like it!
Not only I found it, but managed to do a major splurge in there!!! Found a cream tuxedo blazer (also for 40 bux) and two cute flowy tops!!! I will write about the blazer shortly! Stay tuned!

Let's see what else I will buy from this show! (I need to really STOP! LOL)

XOXO

Lulu

No comments:

Post a Comment