Sunday, April 17, 2011

My antique books - more photos!!!

************



Well, as you probably noticed, I am in luuuurve with my new acquisitions: my old English books from the late 1700's!
Since this is MY blog, I and I can do whatever I want with it... I will post even more pictures!

Woke up yesterday (Saturday) and found this package at my door!


And inside of it: my amazing 1785 copy of the "The European Magazine and London Review"!!!!
Chockfull of amazing information of the time and also gorgeous prints - even foldouts!!!
I was soooo thrilled! Still am... Look at my shots:


Original leather with gilt!!! From 1785!!!!




Then we have some shots of my 1794 "European Magazine" - a bit more tattered copy with some plates missing... Oh well, nothing is perfect... But amazing to read accounts of the Frenc Revolution, the execution of Marie Antoinette... so many fascinating facts...





Things of beauty... at least for me ;-)

************

No comments:

Post a Comment