Sunday, April 17, 2011

A 310 year old book...

On the topics of old books, this one takes the cake, at least in my household...
This 1701 book about mythology or how they called "the heathen gods" was an amazing find back in 2006.
The Flatiron bookstore I got this from doesn't even exist anymore...
I can see why. The salesguy told me that the book was from 1801 - not the accurate 1701 the Roman numerals clearly stated... I guess if you work in a bookstore that sells rare and antique books, you would have to know Roman numerals, but... I got this book relatively cheap and who am I to contradict him, especially because he would probably raise the price!!! The book is actually from 1701 like I knew the moment I looked at it!

So, 310 years this year... So awesome, with so many antique engravings... a dream!


 Just cannot rotate this one above... dunno why... sorry...


So look at this little pile here:

If you add up the age of these books, you will have more than 700 years... Mind boggling...

No comments:

Post a Comment