Sunday, April 17, 2011

My passion for old books - my "new" old book!

I was on a 18th century book fever lately (see my older post) and managed to snag another priceless (at least for me!) book , for an unbelieavable price!

Since I've received my 1794 copy of "The European Magazine and London Review" last week, I've managed to find an even OLDER copy on abebooks.com - a maaaajor resource for amazing books.
I did find another copy of this wonderful magazine from 1785!!!!



The seller was amazing and did send it to me expedited...
How wonderful is to wake up on a lazy and gray Saturday and find a book that is almost 220 years waiting for you at your door???



This one I've bought on abebooks.com is incredible: the covers are in full leather with some gilt left even. The book is also in GREAT shape - with LOTS of portraits and prints - even pull on illustrations that would cost more than the book itself!!!







I am sooooo happy!

Take a quick look - I will upload more shots of the book soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment