Friday, January 13, 2012

In love with Downton Abbey


_______

Ok, I am total period piece fan, and I do try to watch everything that comes my way, but this amazing series is one of the best I've ever seen!


Contrary to many period movies or series, this amazing gem doesn't come from a book and is chockfull of elements of surprise - you never really know what is going to happen next...

What is incredible is the social differences between masters and servants, how little rights women had and your life was really governed by birth. A simple "accident" of birth made your position for the rest of your life!
I, like many people long for the past, as a perceived better time, but... After growing up and learning, I would NEVER trade my life of today for another one in the past... Especially as a woman...

But we can dream, can't we? At least I dream that I would be born in the "right" circle and that I could wear these costumes all day...






I want this necklace!!!!

The whole series is amazing: the acting, the plot, the scenery, everything!
At least one good thing on Sunday nights!
Cannot wait for another episode! This is like an amazing book that you never want to finish reading!
Congrats PBS on a job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment