Wednesday, September 4, 2013

So. I did try Kate Middleton's dress at Banana Republic!

____

This one was weird...

Banana Republic did launch an Issa capsule collection. Basically trying to capitalize on this brand that has some success because of that famous blue engagement dress!

Issa was a British brand created by a Brazilian girl (like me!) called Danielle Helayal. But Danielle has just sold the label to Camilla Al Fayed (daughter of the infamous Mohamed)... Tense, but this is another story...

Anyway, wanted to give a shot to trying a dress that became so famous...



And... It was a major disappointment!
I thought that this dress would be sold out in minutes, but no. After more than a month, all the sizes were still available at Banana Republic.
It was not a Kate worthy dress at all!!!

First, it had crazy long ties that you had to wrap several times around your waist. The base of the ties were also weird (almost like a ring under your chest).
And, what really was a deal breaker is that the fabric looked and felt cheap. Not only that: it was SO WRINKLED I could not make myself buy it and have to iron it all the time (what's an iron anyway? LOL)

And it was not a super cheap H&M style dress: it did cost $130 bucks.
I was very disappointed. Thought it over for a while and said goodbye.
Definitively not worth it. 
I wish Banana Republic could have created the dress in a wrinkle resistant jersey and the ties were smaller.

Oh well. At least I tried...

No comments:

Post a Comment