Monday, September 16, 2013

Another Target Collaboration Madness: Phillip Lim!

____

Yeah, I am a victim of those campaigns, hoopla, madness, that MAKE you want to get more things that you don't really need...

Another example is the crazy buildup for the Phillip Lim collection at Target...



I was a victim in the past, or a victor, you can say... I did score some great things (not all of the ones I wanted) during the craziness of the Missoni Target collection.

Now it was for Phillip Lim, a fashion darling that is not yet a fashion name that my husband would recognize: "Phillip who? Never heard of him"!

Well, if you like fashion a little bit, you would know him...

Same with Prabal Gurung (although his target line was a bit more subdued in terms of madness).

Anyway, back to this Target craziness.

Seriously Target, you advertise like crazy that the collection will be available on September 15th... You can barely wait for the day, and when it arrives... FRUSTRATION!!!

Lulu went to bed after 3AM!!! Waiting and waiting and NOTHING ONLINE on the wee hours of September 15th!!!!

$%#@$^$^&* !!!!!!!

Since it was a Sunday, I did oversleep (since is was WAITING for this damn line to appear at target.com) and then THE STUFF I WANTED WAS SOLD-OUT!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR

This is what I wanted:

 Cute tuxedo blazer for $55


Crazy animal print (actually what animal has those spots? LOL) for $20... My husband said that this looks like a Flintstones print! LOL, he should be a fashion critic ;-)

SO PEOPLE. I WENT TO SLEEP AT 3AM, AND WHEN I WOKE UP AFTER 11AM ON A SUNDAY, THESE ITEMS WERE SOLD OUT. In the space of a few HOURS. Not fair.

I am so pissed that I did wait for so long and NADA!!!!

Of course I had to go on plan B mode and snag whatever I could.

So this is what Lulu got:






It is cute and has a very distinctive print. Of course I got small this time... The Prabal shirt I got before was a medium and I am swimming in it...

Also OF COURSE, size small was GONE after a few hours.

This is a cute look that I will try with one of my skirts:



Then I moved on to this:




Since the "animal" print scarf was gone, I've snagged the next best thing: this cartoonish BOOM one.

Not my first choice, but cute anyway. Especially when you wrap it around your neck.

AAAAAAND, IT WAS ALSO GONE after I bought it!

One thing that really pisses me off are those Ebay vultures. They buy like everything and sell with a crazy margin. Should be against the law... But whatever.

Ended up getting cute things for less than $60.

Let's see if I really love them when I get them... Or then they will find their way to Ebay... Just kidding!!!

UPDATE!!!!

Just chanced to go to Ebay (I will be damned!) and SCORED the leopard scarf for $27 with shipping included!!!
So, this person made like the staggering amount of EIGHT bucks profit on the scarf from the original $19.99!!!! I would have paid the same with the Target shipping!!!!
Actually NOT even 8 bucks - the poor soul had to get the scarf, pay Ebay, pay Paypal AND ship it!!!

LOL

I was not even planning to get it!!! But I accidentally did!!!

YAY


So, of all the picks (above), I did manage to score 2!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment