Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A good lunch break = FIT Museum.


One of the very few good things about working in NY's Penn Station area is the FIT Museum.

It feeds my passion for the history of clothing, has amazingly curated exhibits and guess what? It is totally FREE!!!

Today I went to see the "A Queer History of Fashion: From the Closet to the Catwalk".

Here's the description:

A Queer History of Fashion: From the Closet to the Catwalk features approximately 100 ensembles, from 18th-century menswear styles associated with an emerging gay subculture to 21st-century high fashion. This is the first museum exhibition to explore in depth the significant contributions to fashion made by LGBTQ (lesbian-gay-bisexual-transgender-queer) individuals over the past 300 years.

One thing that irks me is that you cannot take pictures of the clothing, not even without flash. Well, Lulu is a photo transgressor and doesn't like to be told that she cannot take pictures… So… When the guard was not looking:

Voila!!!!




I LOVED this tuxedo suit worn by the trailblazer Marlene Dietrich! Imagine, me, Lulu, a few inches of a garment worn by Dietrich!!!! Wish I could take it with me and maybe wear it???

Wanted to take a shot of a Chanel 1920's skirt suit to die for, but the guard was eyeing me…

So, I cannot recommend the FIT Museum enough! When in NYC, just pop in there! For free!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment