Monday, February 8, 2010

Charles Williams Stores 1926 catalog

 
  

 
  

*** Click on each photo for a closer look ***

This is so cool. Recently bought an amazing catalog from Charles William Stores from 1926 from a great seller at Etsy.com. That website is addictive, but I will post more about it later. So, coming back to this amazing 1920's time capsule: it has more than 500 pages of everything you needed in your life at that time = including literally the kitchen sink! Funny thing, I've never heard about this store at all. Looked all over and nothing very informative out there! I know that they were located in NY, but other than that, very little. No Wikipedia entries, nothing. Did find other catalogs for sale (not that many), but still no info about this wonderful store. 
Boy, this book has such a wealth of information, I was totally drooling over the dresses, hats, jewelry, etc. Some dresses are totally wearable now, if you have absolutely no hips! Not my case, LOL!
Anyway, I am still not done looking at everything - hours of fun for sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment