Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The French Sailor Shirt - as per Chanel!

Well, what else can I say? Chanel was brilliant.
In a time when women dressed in super long dresses and wore uncomfortable corsets, she completely simplified every garment, bringing it closer to a man's wardrobe.

My latest obsession is something she adapted from French sailors.
Voila Mlle. Chanel wearing the timeless striped shirt:


There she is in 1930.

Below is Audrey Tautou in  "Coco Avant Chanel"



I am happy to say that I've managed to find one like Audrey's at Zara - for a whopping..... $20 bucks! Can you believe it? There are some fancy-schmancy ones (like a Saint James one that costs $115), but basically the same.
I HAD to have one. Since I didn't know that Zara had such a good one, I've also bought a great L.L. Bean shirt. I am not a L.L.Bean's customer, but have to admit that this one ROCKS - and it is backordered until like Spring! I was lucky enough to get my hands on one. Very happy with the quality.
Will rock these this Spring/Summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment