Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Movies I loved: The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Lemme tell you something: when you think your life sucks, that it is snowing too much, or if you are generally complaining about your life ( I do this ALL the time...) , please do yourself a favor and watch The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.
Absolutely fantastic.

I confess I did not know a lot about this film, other than the fact that it had amazing reviews, it was French, but made by American artist Julian Schnabel.
 
Boy, I almost gave up and pressed stop when I saw where the movie was going. But I am glad I didn't.

And then, in the end I discovered that this is actually a TRUE STORY. I was floored and really cannot stop thinking about it.


This is exactly what I love about some movies. They make you think after you finish watching it. Not even mentioning the fact that it made me look at life with a better eye (bad pun not intended)...


So many things we take for granted... The scene at left is one thing that really made me think. I love to eat. I live to eat and not vice-versa. Can you imagine not being able to eat? Or basically not being able to do almost anything?


The cinematography, the actors (love Max Von Sydow), everything was perfect.


The real Jean Dominique Bauby

No comments:

Post a Comment