Monday, February 22, 2010

My Favorite things: Edith Wharton


Just LOVE Edith Wharton! Love her books, love her house! Everything!
Read so many of them... "The Age of Innocence" (fave movie too!), "Summer", "The House of Mirth", "The glimpses of the Moon" and many short stories. 
I think that my favorite book is "The Custom of the Country". Women had to be "creative" in order to ascend in life in those days... Simply loved the anti-heroine Undine Spragg!

The Mount - in the Berkshires. What a gorgeous place.

Getting acquainted with the older Edith. Oh, How I wish I could talk to her!
Me and Little Edith getting acquainted in Washington DC

Amazing garden at The Mount

Now what I have to do is read her bio by Hermione Lee = such a massive volume... Kinda intimidating...


No comments:

Post a Comment