Friday, February 12, 2010

Missing Mad Man

Good God.



I am still suffering from a Mad Men withdrawal. The third season of this awesome series had its finale last November, and I still miss that hour that made my Sunday night a little bit more palatable (weekends fly so fast in my opinion...).

The thing is, this series is not only my favorite because it is a period piece (one of my favorite movie/TV genres) and has great fashion, decor, etc, but also the story and the actors are fabulous. I would not change a single thing. Hmmm maybe I would change just one thing: have MORE episodes - make the seasons longer... Another important fact is that way back when I went to college for advertising and marketing. My plan was o work in an advertising agency, but... that never really happened.

I have to admit that I've jumped into this bandwagon relatively late. I've missed season 1 and 2.
One of the reasons was that it was on AMC... I really don't watch much of it. Then, I've heard so many good things about it... Too late to catch up on season 3? Not really if you have 2 things: Netflix and DVR.

Is that simple. One of my pet peeves is to watch a movie or series or pretty much anything that has already started and I don't have a clue of what is happening.

So, I've managed to watch the whole first two seasons on Netflix - addictive in a manner that I literally watched like hours without being able to stop. And then clogging my DVR with the new season and catching up as fast as I could. And having the ability to dodge any sort of watercooler comments at work and reviews online. Jeez, it is so difficult not to run into spoilers everywhere.

The casting:

Jon Hamm is insane amazing. I have a love/hate relationship with his character. He represents everything I would despise on a husband or any man in fact. But that is part of the attraction.
Also the fact that he incorporates a great Cary Grant vibe doesn't hurt.













I totally supported Betty leaving Don. I would do the same TODAY, but she had guts, because leaving your husband, with 3 kids in the sixties, that was hard!
We take everything for granted (I mean women) today, not really realizing that women had basically no rights until like the 1970's!!!

And what about Joan? LOVE her.

What a bombshell. I wish this look came back now - the curves I mean. I would just wish the emaciated eastern European model look would just go away.

Well, I could go on and on about each character... but will stop for now...
Just counting the days when season 4 starts! Tried to find the new season's start date, but wasn't very lucky... Le sigh///

No comments:

Post a Comment